Friday, February 08, 2008

3rd Trimester!

Well, we're in the final stretch now. Today begins the 3rd trimester. Its hard to believe that in 3 months our little Gideon will be here. Here is the belly shot on a beautiful day in San Diego. At least when the baby gets here there will be more interesting photos on this blog!
At work I actually put my maternity leave on the calendar which made it all very real. I'm planning on going out on April 25 if all goes well. On top of that my mom, Devrah, and Katie have both called to tell me when they plan on coming out for Fifi/Filbert's grand arrival.
This week we had our first event in a thusfar uneventful pregnancy. Last Friday I failed the 1 hour glucose test, one that tests for gestational diabetes. This one hour test is notorius for having false failure rates. The doctor then asked that I take take a 3 hour glucose test on Tuesday. This test involves a 12 hour fast followed by 4 blood draws over 3 hours after drinking a super sugary beverage. BLAH. Not fun. Just after my second blood draw I started feeling woosey and then vomitted. Game over. I couldn't finish the 3 hour test. Needless to say it's been pretty frustrating. The good news is that the results of the first 2 blood draws were normal. Today I'm back in the lab for another 1 hour test. Fingers crossed that all goes well and I'm hoping to get beyond this little bump in the road. Even if it comes back that I am diabetic, its not a huge suprise (lots of sugar problems on both sides of my family) and I can do any diet for 3 months.

No comments: