Sunday, March 02, 2008

Live every day!

Katie just called me with some terrible news. I've kept in touch with a childhood friend who now lives in Texas. Her mother saw my shower invitation on my friend's fridge and thankfully called my sister to try and get a hold of me.

About ten days ago, my childhood friend Kelly, had her 3rd child. I got text message and a photo message from her with the happy news. Three days later, while at home, she suffered from an aneurysm. She is in the ICU, responsive, but not at all verbal. Her mother says that if she doesn't recover language in the next 72 hours that they don't expect her to. Right now she has a 50/50 chance of survival. The hardest thing was that while I was talking to her mother, I could hear her 1 week old son, Jaxson crying.

The good news is that Kelly has always been a very resilliant person. She has faced adversity in her life before and she would flash her big grin and not only find a way to make it through, but kick-butt doing it. I'm sure this will be no differant for her. Kelly and I were best friends from 6th grade until she moved to Texas after our 8th grade year. She is really like family and even she even lived with us for a short while right before she moved.

You know I love this girl, because I'm putting these photos up on the internet of myself looking REDICULOUS! Here is one circa 1988. Like funky shirt, pegged jeans and keds? I like Kelly's socks! This is when we lived about 6 houses down from each other. Kelly would say, after a hearty laugh, "Giiiirl, why do you let these photos see the light of day?!,". Well, Kelly, you give me a call and I will remove them from the internet.
Ok, so I have to admit that some of the reason I'm putting his photo up here is because Katie is in it. :-) Love you sista. So the three big girls were headed to a St. Tim's Teen Christmas dance. OH MY! Love the shoulder pads.

In any case, Kelly's situation really makes me stop to think about the state of my affairs. You have to remember that you have to live every day, because you just don't know what will happen tomorrow.

Please keep Kelly in your thoughts & prayers. Love to you all!

No comments: