Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My Life Among Clones

So, I just had to include this photo of Kai and his daddy. They just look so much alike! I tease Brendt that when he coos, "He's so hansome! He's so beautiful!," over Kai that he is really being vain and referring to his own good looks as they really look like twins. I guess I was just the host to this clone. It doesn't look like I really had any genetic contribution to little Kai's appearance. Maybe he'll inherit my long attention span instead. ;-)




Ok! I've been much delinquent at blogging of late. Kai has kept me busy, but we've also had visitors and have traveled too! I've had a little breather this week so I'll be catching up on new photos.
I just love this funny face. . .




































We took a quick weekend trip to Tucson to celebrate cousin Cade's birthday and his fiance Shauna's graduation from pharmacy school. It was a wonderful celebration (as usual, the Wilson's throw great parties!) and we got to meet Shauna's family for a little preview for thier wedding next year. Here is a photo from the party of Brendt, Kai, and uber Nana Teresa (Kai's Great Grandma).



My dad traveled across the country to meet our little man, and my sister joined him here for the week. We got out every day and saw the sites of San Diego including the zoo, Birch Aquarium and the Natural History Museum.

Katie was a huge help, loving up on Kai and taking a midnight shift. I would feed Kai just before going to bed and she would let me sleep an unprecedented 4 hours! Oh for joy! I was even feeling human after a few days.

It was a fun week. I really enjoyed watching Papou (Greek for Grandpa) get to know Kai. He'll get more time with him when we go back East in a few weeks.

We'll be doing a bit of traveling after Brendt is done with school. First we'll be going to Mesa for a few days to show off Kai to my Mom's side of the family and then we go to Tucson for a family wedding. Then a week later we'll be heading to my dad's home town of Wierton, W. Va. (30 min. from Pittsburgh) to introduce Kai to the Greek Clan. It's going to be a fun summer.

Oh, and Kai is now up to 10 pounds and smiled for the first time yesterday! Hooray!

No comments: