Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back home, for now

We got back to San Diego late on Sunday night and we'll be in town for about 10 days before heading back east to visit my dad and catch up with the Karno clan.

Nanita Devrah came back to San Diego to spend a few weeks here with Kai and Maya. We went to the beach a few times and enjoyed a very warm SD week. Here is Kai with Nanita in a little beach outfit that cousins Jason & Kara bought for him.

He is growing so much that I don't know that he'll be able to wear it again (note the budda belly sticking out)! Our boy is now a 12 pounder! I need to do some training to continue carrying him around. ;-)

This week Kai's cousin Maya turned 1 year old! Looking at Maya, it is hard to believe how quickly a year has passed. Maya is a vibrant and hysterical little girl with boundless smiles and energy. Here is a photo from her birthday party this week. I think the cake was more fun to squish than to eat.
I'm sure that before we know it, we'll have photos of Kai's first birthday too! Sigh. . .
At Maya's birthday party Kai took his first swim too. Much like bathtime, he is really relaxed in the water.

2 comments:

Colleen Russo said...

Wow what a beautiful family KAI is such a joy. I enjoyed the web page about your life. Angela thank you for your sweetness. I am priveledged to get to know you all.
Love from Colleen

Colleen Russo said...

Wow what a beautiful family KAI is such a joy. I enjoyed the web page about your life. Angela thank you for your sweetness. I am priveledged to get to know you all.
Love from Colleen