Friday, April 18, 2008

Full Term!

Hooray! Today the baby is considered to be full term. That means that although every day to 40 (or 41) makes life easier on baby in the first months, this little one is considered fully baked and ready to take on life in the outside world. Yesterday I went to the doctor and I've dilated to 2cm. and am 50% effaced. This could mean that I could deliver in 2 days or 2 weeks.

Total uncertainty is still the name of the game, and likely will be for some time. In the mean time, I'm feeling like the major tasks are done and things are in place. Today I got to hang out with my friend Tobin and his girls Kaelyn and Eliana. It was another beautiful day in San Diego, so Kaelyn played in her sandbox and we all enjoyed the weather. This weekend Brendt and I are going to keep the plans to a minimum to let Brendt prepare his lesson plans and grade papers just in case this little one shows up.

My mom and sister have their bags packed and are ready to hit the road to San Diego whenever I call. :-) In other words, the stage is set, the actors are prepared, we're all just awaiting the star's arrival.

Tick tock. . . any time now.

No comments: