Tuesday, June 27, 2006

So the latest news in my life is my change of tasking. I'm still working for the same company, but instead of doing computer security for the government, I'm working on a project for a bank. Most changingly (I'm making up words here), I often have a change in location. I'm working out of San Francisco 4 days a week. Most weeks this will mean me flying up on Mondays and back on Thursdays. This past weekend Brendt joined me on Wednesday and we stayed the weekend over. We had great fun wandering the streets of SF and had an amazing jaunt to the wine country of Sonoma. With 6 other couples we were warmly welcomed to the Benzinger Winery, an amazing farm and winery.

All and all, as I discover this fine city(and region), I'm hoping to bring along a camera and share a little each day with you.

This morning I awoke to a fog soaked morning and rose for a run. I charged up California Street
and at the top I found Grace Cathedral greeting me, a majestic building that is a lot like Notre Dame. The bronze doors called to me, so I ran up the cathedral steps to take a closer look. After viewing the doors, I turned around and almost gasped at a labyrinth made out of stone inlays on the ground. There were was 1 person walking the labyrinth and several dozen nearby doing tai chi (did I mention I ran through China Town?). At the top of Nob Hill, with the city by the bay completly socked in with fog, I could see no more of San Francisco than I could at the ferry landing, but somehow I had taken in a great deal on the way up.

No comments: