Thursday, January 22, 2009

Welcome Cousin Addison!


On Friday, January 9th my sister Katie and her husband Josh welcomed their first child, Addison Grace Powell to the world. We got a call from Katie at 7pm on Thursday night that her water had broken and Kai and I were on the last flight of the night to Phoenix at 8:30pm. Addison arrived a month early, so we were just starting to think about getting prepared to make a run to Arizona. :-) Nothing like necessity to make things happen! I was in the delivery room with Katie by 3 hours after her phone call to me. Addison was born at 4:30pm on Friday, weighing in at a tiny but mighty 4 lbs 9 oz. Brendt drove over to Arizona to join us later on Friday evening and we were all able to enjoy the weekend with Katie, Josh, Addison and the whole family. Two weeks later now, and Katie and Addison are doing great! Addison has been steadily gaining weight and becoming stronger every day. Katie says that Addison is already showing some serious neck control and that she gained a 1/2 a pound in the past week, so she's broken the 5 lb. mark! Hooray!


In the rush, I neglected to bring my camera with me, so this phone photo will have to suffice until we can get back (very soon) to visit the Powells. Check out our new little peanut! You'll notice that Kai has the, "Hey! What about me? I'm in this photo too!" look on his face.


No comments: